Online Storage stores your files securely in one location for easy access from any Internet-connected computer. It's easy to upload and retrieve files, when you follow the steps below:
Activate Online Storage
- Click Account Management to open a new window.
- Select Manage Personal Web Pages and activate Personal Web Pages. This will also activate Online Storage.
- Close Account Management and return to this page.
Store Files in Online Storage
There are three ways to upload files from your computer to Online Storage.
Upload directly from Comcast.net
- Upload directly from Comcast.net by clicking the link below. This will launch an easy-to-use Upload My File page. Files uploaded to Online Storage are password-protected only when placed in the myfilelocker folder.
- On the Upload My File page, select a file on your computer to upload to Online Storage.
- Specify a destination directory for your file. Files placed in Online Storage are password-protected only when placed in the myfilelocker folder.
- Click Upload My File.
Upload by using FTP directly through your browser
- Type the following in your browser address bar:
- When prompted, type in your Comcast user name and password in the space provided, and click the Log On button.
- Double-click your myfilelocker folder to open it. If you do not have a myfilelocker folder, you must create one. To learn how, click here. From your desktop, open My Computer and navigate to the file you want to upload. Right click on the file and select copy.
- Return to the open myfilelocker folder and right click on the white part of the screen. Select paste to copy the file into your folder.
Upload by using FTP software
To upload files from your computer to Online Storage, using FTP software, enter the following FTP Server Settings:
USER NAME: Comcast.net user name
PASSWORD: Comcast.net password
Retrieve Files From Online Storage
- To access your files, type the following URL into your browser's location field, substituting your Comcast.net user name, your folder name and your file name:
- Sign in with your user name and password to view your files.