Come here often? Make XFINITY.com your homepage » close

close

Your XFINITY Connect session has timed out due to inactivity. Click here to go back close

24/7 Wall St.: America's Oldest Brands

9. Tiffany Silver

Industry: Jewelry

Year launched: 1851

Tiffany & Co. (NYSE: TIF) has used the same 925/1000 standard for silver purity — a standard later adopted by the United States government — since 1851. Today, Tiffany sells silver bracelets, necklaces, piggy banks, and pill boxes, among other items. In fiscal 2011, 69% of Tiffany’s silver came from the Bingham Canyon Mine in Utah, while the remaining 31% came from recycled sources. According to Tiffany & Co. SEC filings, the company currently produces silver goods in New York, Kentucky and Rhode Island, while silver hollowware is produced in New Jersey.

(AP Photo/Paul Sakuma, File)

More From 24/7 Wall St.:
13 Forgotten Olympic Sports
The Top 10 Consumer Comlpaints
10 Signs a Recession is Over



The opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Comcast.

Ad Info - Ad Feedback

Ad Info - Ad Feedback

Loading...