- Transit Coverage: 85.3 percent (11th highest)
- Service Frequency (Minutes): 8.8 (15th lowest)
- Jobs Reachable in 90 Minutes: 33.4 percent (35th highest)
- Walk Score: 73.6 (6th highest)
- Commuters Who Bike: 1.07 percent (9th highest)
Seattle’s public transportation system not only includes bus and rail transit, but a monorail in the city center, as well as ferries. The city also has the sixth highest walk score in the country, due to its high number of easily accessible amenities. According to Bicycling magazine, Seattle is one of the most bike-friendly cities in the country and “has a 10-year, $240-million bike master plan that seeks to triple the number of journeys made by bike and add 450 miles of bike paths.”
(iStock Photo) More From 24/7 Wall St.: Cities Sunk by Underwater Mortgages Most Valuable Blogs in America Most Expensive Tickets in Sports The opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Comcast.