- Transit Coverage: 69.4 percent (36th highest)
- Service Frequency (Minutes): 8.9 (16th lowest)
- Jobs Reachable in 90 Minutes: 30.2 percent (43rd highest)
- Walk Score: 79.2 (3rd highest)
- Commuters Who Bike: 0.7 percent (21st highest)
The Boston-Cambridge-Quincy metropolitan area’s greatest strength for those without an automobile is the prevalence of dense, easily manageable communities. This makes it exceptionally easy for residents to reach amenities such as groceries, restaurants, shopping and schools. The metropolitan area’s primary city, Boston, has the third-highest walk score in the country. The area’s public transit also has a relatively high service frequency rate, making its use that much more convenient for the city’s residents.
(iStock Photo) More From 24/7 Wall St.: Cities Sunk by Underwater Mortgages Most Valuable Blogs in America Most Expensive Tickets in Sports The opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Comcast.