The Highest Payi...Glassdoor.com compiled a custom report for Forbes that ranked the retail companies that pay their sales associates the most in hourly wages.
Here are Glassdoor.com's top 10 picks. The methodology covers companies with at least 10 salary reports, based on data compiled over the last 2.5 years. The salaries reported are for retail sales associates positions only.
(Jim R. Bounds/Bloomberg via Getty Images)
10. Sam's ClubSam's Club, owned and operated by Wal-Mart, pays its sales associates $10.30 an hour.
(AP Photo/Rogelio V. Solis)
9. CoachTalk about perks. "Employee discount is 50 percent off merchandise," one sales associate in Costa Mesa, Calif., writes. That's on top of an hourly sales wage of $10.32. Sweet!
(AP Photo/LM Otero)
8. T-MobileT-Mobile was the only tech retailer to crack Glassdoor.com's list. The company pays its sales associates an average hourly wage of $10.39.
(Jason DeCrow/PR NEWSWIRE/Newscom)
7. L'OccitaneAt $10.44 an hour, the pay is pretty good, even for part-time sales associates, according to anonymous employee reviews posted on Glassdoor.com. Pay, though, isn't the only draw. "I actually [am] more excited to work because of the discount than my pay check," wrote one store employee.
(AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)
6. Lowe'sThis do-it-yourself home improvement store pays its retail sales associates an average of $10.93 an hour.
(AP Photo/Mark Lennihan)
5. Bloomingdale'...Sales associates describe Bloomingdale's hourly pay, $11.65, as "above average" and "decent." And, employee discounts at both Bloomingdale's and sister store Macy's strike many as a fair enough swap for long hours during the busy holiday seasons.
(Richard B. Levine/Newscom)
4. Home DepotHome Depot slashed its prices in the recession, but to the retailer's credit employee wages remained relatively intact, at an average of $12.13 per hour over the last two years, per Glassdoor.com. Furthermore, CEO Frank Blake has been credited with boosting employee morale during the retailer's difficult time by bringing back performance-related perks such as bonuses that encourage and reward hard work on the job.
(Scott Olson/Getty Images)
3. Sephora USAPay aside ($12.15 per hour), employees who work at Sephora USA say bonuses and store discounts are added benefits. The salary isn't commission-based, but a bonus system allows for "everyone [to get] a bonus in their paycheck." When sales are good, that is--which motivates employees to work harder
(Christopher Sadowski/Splash News/Newscom)
2. NordstromNordstrom carries brands that include A-listers like Burberry, Diane von Furstenberg and Chanel, and its average hourly pay for sales associates is pretty top-of-the-line, too: $12.29 per hour. We wonder how many of those hard-earned dollars go right back to the store.
(AP Photo/Rick Bowmer)
1. Container Sto...This storage and organizational goods purveyor, based in Coppell, Texas, boasts the highest average hourly wage: $12.76. No wonder its sales associates are happy.