1. Watch “Being Mary Jane’s” Mary Jane Paul (Gabrielle Union) manage her family issues and her love life
2. “Scandal’s” Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington) has everyone else’s life handled but struggles with her own relationships
3. A black Queen Guinevere Pendragon? Yep, this BBC “Merlin” TV series features Angel Coulby’s rise from servant to the apple of King Arthur’s eye
4. “Sleepy Hollow” was a runaway hit thanks in part to Lt. Abbie Mills (Nicole Beharie) and her sister Jenny Mills (Lyndie Greenwood) fighting an apocalyptic nightmare
5. Who doesn’t love Michonne (Danai Gurira) on “The Walking Dead”? This Katana-wielding lady isn’t one to be trifled with… and neither is Sasha (Sonequa Martin-Green)
6. We’ve watched Dr. Miranda Bailey (Chandra Wilson) keep interns in line on “Grey’s Anatomy” for 10 seasons and are sure Dr. Stephanie Edwards (Jerrika Hinton) will come into her own, too
7. Jessica Pearson (Gina Torres) may intimidate as the no-nonsense managing partner at Pearson Specter on “Suits” but we know she’s all love on the inside
The opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Comcast.