Ryan Seacrest to Keep Rockin’ ABC’s ‘New Year’s Rockin’ Eve’

by | October 24, 2013 at 7:03 AM | Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest, TV News

Ryan Seacrest on last year's "New Year's Rockin' Eve" special on ABC (Photo: ABC)

By Tim Molloy

Ryan Seacrest will be counting down to more new years: He’s signed on to continue hosting “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest.” He will also serve as executive producer.

Exact terms of the deal, including how many years Seacrest has signed on for, have not been disclosed. A Seacrest spokeswoman told TheWrap only that it was “a multi-year deal.”

Also read: Ryan Seacrest Booed While Kicking Off NFL Season in Denver (Video)

Seacrest has been part of the ABC show since December 2005, when he joined Dick Clark for the New Year’s Eve special as a co-host.

Last year, with Clark’s passing, Seacrest became the sole host of the show. It included a tribute to Clark, and was the most watched New Year’s Eve special in the U.S. with 22.6 million viewers.

The show will continue to be produced by Dick Clark Productions. Seacrest and DCP CEO Allen Shapiro are the executive producers. Larry Klein is the producer.

Also read: Ryan Seacrest Productions Taps BBC Exec to Head Current, Unscripted Programming

“I think I will forever be both sentimental and grateful about my experiences with ‘Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve’,” said Ryan Seacrest. “Allen and the DCP team, as well as everyone at ABC are my valued partners in carrying Dick’s vision forward. I’m humbled by their continued faith, and excited to work together to create new traditions and fun moments on the show that only live television can deliver.”

“Ryan and I started this partnership together in 2005. He has been a key factor in the extended and expanded success of the show,” said Shapiro. “It’s very difficult to take over a franchise created by an icon and grow it. Ryan has done just that.”

READ MORE AT THEWRAP.COM.