Geraldo Says Fox News Demanded He Un-Post Semi-Nude Photo

by | July 25, 2013 at 10:21 AM | Geraldo Rivera, TV News

Geraldo Rivera, seen earlier this year in New York (Photo: Getty Images)

Geraldo Rivera removed a semi-nude picture he shot of himself from Twitter after his bosses at Fox News Channel demanded that he do so.

Rivera, who turned 70 on July 4, revealed that FNC management was not happy about the photo, which showed the swashbuckling news man nude from the waist up and wearing only a towel.

Geraldo talked about the now-infamous “selfie” — why he took it and then what happened to it — on a morning radio show in New York, according to this story on the Hollywood Reporter Web site.

He said he shot and posted the picture on Twitter in the wee hours of last Sunday morning, a short time after he returned home from hosting his weekend show on Fox News, “Geraldo At Large.”

He blamed a “few shots” of tequila for clouding his judgement — shots he drank to “unwind” from doing the show.

He also revealed on the radio show that members of his family were mortified when news got out the next day about the photo, although, to be fair, the photo was decidedly G-rated.

Still, among those who demanded he take it down were his 18-year-old daughter and, eventually, his Fox News Channel overseers.

“I took it down the next day after I heard from Fox,” Geraldo admitted.

Watch David Letterman mock Geraldo’s photo with this “Top Ten” list: