Countess Could Be Out as NY ‘Housewives’ Starts Without Her

by | May 25, 2013 at 9:47 AM | Real Housewives of New York City, TV News

LuAnn de Lesseps of Bravo's "Real Housewives of New York City" (Photo: Getty Images)

You might have to count out the countess as production has gotten underway on a new season of “The Real Housewives of New York City” without “Countess” LuAnn de Lesseps.

De Lesseps is reportedly the lone holdout now in a protracted contract dispute that delayed the start of production on a new run of episodes of “RHONYC” and forced a confrontation with the show’s participants that almost derailed the series permanently.

But in the weeks since the dust-up first became widely known, the other cast members have reportedly signed their contracts. And now, production is underway without the lone holdout — who is one of this series’ original participants.

The latest story — reported here on the Hollywood Reporter Web site — says de Lesseps may now have missed the boat on playing a substantial role in the new season, if she returns at all.

Previously: Two NY ‘Housewives’ Have Yet to Sign Contracts: Report

The THR story puts it this way: “A source tells The Hollywood Reporter that de Lesseps still refuses to sign a deal that would have her return to the reality series — though, with production already underway, that offer is said to be for a less prominent role than the one originally on the table.”

The rest of the cast is on-board though: Sonja Morgan, Carole Radziwill, Heather Thomson, Aviva Drescher and original cast member Ramona Singer.

Watch: The NYC ‘Housewives’ recap last season’s highlights and lowlights: