XFINITY Watchathon Week is in full swing with everyone buzzing about what — and how much — television you can watch this week.
To help TV lovers with their binge-viewing mission, we thought we’d offer you some tips on how NOT to get fat while being a couch potato for a week.
During your seven-day spree of marathon viewing, which, let’s be honest, can also easily turn into a snack-a-thon, you can still stay in shape while watching massive amounts of TV with the 3,900 hours of free shows available from March 25-March 31 on XFINITY Video on Demand and online. How? By doing a mini-workout at key points during each episode of your favorite show! Working out is fun when you make a game out of it, right?
AMC’s monster hit “The Walking Dead” is a perfect show for this, and you may have seen variations of “The Walking Dead” workout floating around the Internet, as crazed fitnessistas will use any excuse for a workout, and as crazies get in shape for the Zombie Apocalypse. Either way, who doesn’t want arms that look like Michonne’s (Danai Gurira)?!?
Plus, it’s the perfect time to catch up on every episode of this outstanding third season of “The Walking Dead” during XFINITY Watchathon Week to get locked and loaded for this Sunday’s big season finale!
So, here are the “rules” of the “game” for viewers to follow while watching “The Walking Dead” during XFINITY’S Watchathon:
“The Walking Dead Workout”
- Every time a Zombie is killed: Do 10 crunches
- Every time a Walker Appears on Screen: Do 15 jumping jacks
- Every time you hear the word “Biters”: Do 10 crunches
- Every time Michonne draws her samurai sword: Do 10 push-ups
- Every time someone draws a gun: Do 10 squats
- Every time somebody cries: Throw boxing punches in the air for one minute
- Every time “Little Ass-Kicker” (Baby Judith) is mentioned: Do 10 lunges on each side
- Every time Rick sees his dead wife: Do three burpees
- Every time Carl is seen in his Sheriff’s hat: Do 10 reverse lunges
- Every time someone “turns” into a walker: Do a one-minute plank