TV star Brooke Burke-Charvet is recuperating at home after undergoing a thyroidectomy Wednesday in Los Angeles.
The surgery was a success, the relieved “Dancing with the Stars” co-host told fans the next day, giving an update on her condition on Twitter.
“I’m resting, recovering. Surgery went well,” the 41-year-old mother of four Tweeted Thursday morning. “Dr Adashek is a genius. Thx Dr! Feels like I got hit [by] a car :(”
“Thank God it’s over,” she also said. “I’m clean, surgery went well & I can talk. Losing My voice was my biggest fear. Thx for all your prayers & light.”
She was a bit feistier later in the day in another message posted on WhoSay.
“made it through my surgery, Thank God! so far so good,” Charvet wrote, including a photo of herself flipping her middle finger and writing, “F#@k Cancer! I’m recovering, I’m strong, I’m grateful for my brilliant Doctors.”
Charvet revealed her cancer scare in early November in an announcement on her blog, where she wrote, “My doctor did tell me that there is a happily ever after ending kind of thing” and vowed to make “a positive out of this negative thing.”