Note to self, don’t snub Barbara Walters.
On Wednesday, after the controversial George Zimmerman allegedly made unreasonable demands of the famed newswoman for a sit-down interview, Walters rejected his offer and left.
“We flew down with cameras and so forth for this interview that was guaranteed to take place,” Walters told her co-hosts of “The View” before noting that earlier in the day Zimmerman did an interview with Fox News’ Sean Hannity. She added that “We went down and sat down with the lawyers and Zimmerman came in and he had already taken off the suit he was wearing for his interview with Hannity… He then said he would not do an interview, but he would if there were one condition. It was a condition that being a member of ABC News, I was not able to grant.”
The Miami Herald later reported that Zimmerman requested a month-long stay at a hotel in exchange for the interview.
However, Thursday morning on “The View,” Zimmerman apparently had a change of heart and called in to the show, apparently looking to make up with Walters.
It was a bad move, as Walters wasn’t interested. Towards the end of the show, Walters confirmed that she had Zimmerman and his team on the line waiting to talk, but expressed her feelings over the ordeal by simply stating, “Mr. Zimmerman, if you could not do the interview yesterday, I don’t think we should do a quick one today. In the future if you feel differently, we will consider it.”
End of conversation.
Here’s the clip of Walters explaining the situation…