It was an eye for an eye on the season finale of “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation” when former Under Sheriff Jeff McKean (Conor O’Farrell) took on the families of the CSIs and the LVPD who were responsible for the death of one of his own.
In John Gotti style, prison has not stopped the illegal activities of the former Under Sheriff who is running his gang — which includes officers of the law — from his jail cell. When a plan he hatched to frame someone for murder backfires and his bastard son commits suicide by cop, he threatens the families of all those he considers responsible.
“We go home with D.B. Russell [Ted Danson], and it is at that perfect, blissful home that we show the ultimate invasion. This will set up the season 13 premiere, where the team and Russell are challenged. We will definitely see a different side to Russell. His family is off limits and he will do whatever it takes to see his family made whole again,” Executive Producers Carol Mendelsohn and Don McGill told us.
Watch the Season Finale:
It is a cliffhanger of an episode, which begs the following questions when “CSI” returns for its 13th season next fall:
1. Are D.B. Russell’s daughter and granddaughter dead in retaliation for the death of McKeen’s son, or have they been kidnapped for some other nefarious reason?
2. Undersheriff Conrad Ecklie (Marc Vann) was shot very close to his heart. Will his daughter Morgan Brody (Elisabeth Harnois) be able to keep him alive until the ambulance arrives? Will he survive surgery if she does?
3. What kind of jeopardy is Julie Finlay (Elisabeth Shue) in from the blond man at the bar? Or did she sense danger and that is why she headed for the powder room?
4. Did Nick Stokes (George Eads) really walk off the job for good? Or will the jeopardy that his teammates are in, bring him back?
5. Will the law catch up with the dirty Detective Luke Kimball (Peter Onorati) before he leaves the U.S.?
6. Also, is he the man behind the danger the CSIs now finds themselves in? Or are there several other dirty cops involved?
7. On the lighter side, will all be revealed as to how Italy was so life changing for Hodges (Wallace Langham) that he told Morgan that he couldn’t date her?
8. Also, if Ecklie survives the shooting, will he and Olivia Hodges (Jaclyn Smith) finally go on a date without their kids in tow?