If you’re a fan of either “Scrubs,” “Cougar Town” or both, you knew this had to happen eventually, especially when Sam Lloyd appeared on “CT” last year as his “Scrubs” character, hapless lawyer/a cappella singer Ted Buckland. What happens if he rolls into the Florida town where his buddy Travis Cobb (Dan Byrd) lives and sees that his mother’s neighbor Ellie (Christa Miller) looks a heck of a lot like Dr. Cox’s ex-wife, Jordan Sullivan? Then he and his band were recruited by Jules (Courteney Cox) to help Bobby (Brian Van Holt) out by serenading his date Angie (Sarah Chalke), who looks a lot like Dr. Eliot Reid. Would he even notice?
Bill Lawrence decided to address that during the credit tag, where Ted tells Ellie and Angie that he knew two people who looked like them at “my old job” at Sacred Heart Hospital. Then all of a sudden a gardener who looks an awful lot like The Todd (Robert Maschio) comes in, followed by a guy who closely resembles John Dorian (Zach Braff) delivers a pizza, and Ted officially can’t take it anymore.
Watch the scene above to see the crossover fun. While you’re here, click below to see the other goings on from yesterday:
– Jimmy Kimmel interviews “Casa de mi Padre” star Will Ferrell in Spanish [Jimmy Kimmel Live]
– Jon Stewart tells Fox News to “shut the f–k up” about being offended by comedians like him while defending Rush Limbaugh [The Daily Show]
– Cee Lo Green gives David Letterman‘s Top Ten List — How To Tell If You’re a Bad Singer [Late Show]
– Bethenny Frankel talks to Jay Leno about all things Skinnygirl [The Tonight Show]
– Is Miranda Lambert flying into jealous rages whenever Blake Shelton talks to a woman? [CelebTV]