An LA producer is teaming with Casey Anthony to try and sell her first interview since she was acquitted for the murder of her daughter earlier this year, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The production company, Scott Sternberg Productions, is reportedly seeking as much as $750,000 for a “no holds barred” interview with Anthony, who has been out of the public eye since her release from jail on July 17.
Sources told the paper that Sternberg was looking for somewhere between $500,000 and $750,000 for access to Anthony, with networks able to choose the interviewer while Scott Sternberg Productions would co-produce the program. So far, however, everyone has passed. The article states that spokespeople for Discovery Communications’ TLC and ID confirmed that the networks have passed on the project. A&E Networks, which includes Lifetime and A&E, also passed.
ABC News, CBS News and NBC News all have gone on record that they would not pay for an Anthony interview specifically.
One executive told the paper that “The backlash would not be worth it.”
Lifetime is, however, developing a potential television movie about the trial based on retired prosecutor Jeff Ashton’s book, Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony.