Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler is sharing the details of the nasty spill he took in a South American hotel bathroom earlier this week, jokingly warning “You can’t handle the tooth!”
Tyler, 63, was in Paraguay to perform with Aerosmith when he says a case of food poisoning — “what’s it called when you eat something? Montezuma’s revenge” — left him weak and while in the shower, “I started to get sick, and I just fell on my face. I just passed out.”
Then in his trademark Tyler-speak, he added: “I walked with the Incas for 48 hours — I walked in looking like Baryshnikov and walked out looking like Leon Spinks.”
When news of the fall (not a first for Tyler) initially surfaced, it had some speculating that the recovering addict had slipped up, literally and figuratively. So Lauer came right out and asked him, “You’re clean and sober? That’s not the issue?”
“That’s not the issue,” Tyler replied. “I get that people think that … It still bothers me a little, but it’s something that I have to deal with for the rest of my life.”
“We flew last night from Paraguay after that incident and we’re in Argentina for two hours. And anyone who knows anyone who uses substances wouldn’t be up at this hour having a talk with Matt Lauer and the rest of America,” the singer, who seemed in good spirits, added.
Tyler received two dental implants and stitches above his eye and was back out on stage the next night.
Steven Tyler Reveals Cringe-worthy Pics: