“If you feel unattractive it makes it so much worse,” Rachel Zoe said about her impending labor on Tuesday’s “Rachel Zoe Project.” “If I’m gonna be a mess, I’m gonna be a glamorous mess.”
And so she was. Last night’s baby eppy was, like, literally ba.na.nas as Rach physically (and fashionably) prepared to give birth to Baby Skyler “Peanut” Berman. As much as she had originally wanted to “give birth to Chanel,” we so wanted to see the little guy pop out with daddy Roger’s meticulously styled metro hair.
To celebrate Rach and Rog’s fashion-forward addition, here’s a look back at Rach’s inventory list of pre-Peanut prerequisites. They’re so major, we’re dying:
- A variety of Chanel and vintage Halston sweaters for the icky hospital stay.
- A hot pair of Brian Atwood boots to focus on while spread-eagle in the stirrups.
- A vicious anti-videographer stance. (Never let ‘em see you sweat, biatches, especially when you’re in labor.)
- What Rog calls a “push present” (a.k.a. a gift to congratulate you for grunting and pushing the babe out): a GINORMOUS 10-carat cushion-cut diamond ring from Neil Lane. (Kim Kardash, eat your heart out.)
- A bottle of Perrier Sparkling Natural Mineral Water—room temp.
- A moment of silence to hairspray and fluff hair before going to the hospital.
- Have your underlings call the hot gay guy you just fired (i.e. Jeremiah) to set up the nursery. And do it at the last minute to make it uber stressful because that’s just the way it’s done in the world of Zoe.
- Set up Peanut’s closet with several pairs of baby Gucci shoes and this year’s AllSaints fall collection.
- “This b–ch can handle anything.” (Bestie Joey on Rachel and her impending delivery)
- “He has a better wardrobe than I do, and he’s not even out of the vagina yet.” (Jeremiah on Peanut Berman)
- “I’ve never loved anything like this in my life, and he hasn’t even spoken yet.” (Rachel, after giving birth to Peanut Berman)