Wednesday was night two of Paula Abdul‘s new dance competition show, “Live to Dance,” and 17 of the 18 semi-finalists were chosen. After a strong opening night (10.2 million viewers and #1 in its time slot), did the show continue to entertain? Yes, it delivered, despite carefully choreographed and predictable heart tugs and drama. But hey, that’s TV.
And from the quality of talent that moved into the semi-finals, it’s a safe bet “Live to Dance” will continue to make all the right moves.
The big questions for those who saw night one:
- Did the amazing nine-year-old Jalen from Seattle make it through?
- How about Bev and Hap, the couple with a combined age of 148 years?
- What about all of those massive dance groups?
The answer is yes to all of the above. If you missed it, watch Wednesday night’s show below:
Drama was folded into the process when 16 of the 18 acts advancing received the good news in their hometowns. With two slots undecided, though, the judges brought four acts (11-year-old Kendall Glover, ballet duo White Tree Fine Art, and two of those dance groups) back to Los Angeles, where they had a dance off. The judged picked Kendall, and viewers get to vote on the fourth.
Meet Your Semi-Finalists:
1. Jalen, Seattle, nine-year-old break-dancer
2. Bev & Hap, Los Angeles, ages 83 and 68
3. Twitch, Miami, not the tWitch from “So You Think You Can Dance.” This Twitch is a group.
4. Dance Town Chaos, Miami, group
5. Du-Shaunt Stegall, Las Vegas
6. Shore Thing, Cape May, New Jersey, kids’ dance group
7. Roosevelt Anderson, Brooklyn, New York, “bonebreaker”
8. Austen Acevedo, lyrical and krump, 10 years old
9. Jittin’ Genius, Detroit
10. Chi-Town’s Finest Breakers, Chicago, breakdancing group
11. Tap Sounds Underground, Los Angeles, tap duo
12. Jill & Jacob, Los Angeles, teen couple
13. D’Angelo & Amanda, Miami, ages 9 and 10
14. Kendall Glover, Phoenix, Arizona, 11 years old
15. Dax & Sarah, Los Angeles, dance duo
16. Dance in Flight, Valley Village, California, duo
17. The Vibe, Lindon, Utah, group
18. It’s between married ballet duo White Tree Fine Art from San Francisco, group Theatrix from Temecula, California, and a 25-member group (the largest), Inside the Box from Fullerton, California.
What did you think of episode two? Do you like the semi-finalists? Who should get the last spot? Hit those comments.