Want some New Year’s inspiration to shed last year’s holiday-induced muffin top?
NBC’s “The Biggest Loser: Couples” (8/7c) is baaack tonight! But this time, so much change is in the air, it’s almost as ginormous as the contestants!
While “good-cop” trainer Bob Harper is staying on the show indefinitely, Season 11 is the last for “bad-cop” trainer Jillian Michaels. Her exit marks the entrance for—not one—but TWO brand spankin’ new mystery trainers, whom host Alison Sweeney refers to as “The Unknowns.”
Host Alison Sweeney Announces This Season’s New Trainers
In Tuesday’s premiere, each of the 11 teams has to decide whether they want to train with the tried-and-true Bob and Jillian with a week’s worth of immunity OR take a calculated risk with the new “Unknowns”…the bait is that if they so choose the latter, they’ll be guaranteed four weeks of immunity! (Dude, that’s like an opportunity to lose an entire pre-schooler.)
Check out some of the other highlights of the show:
- Do-re-mi-FAT-so-la-ti-do! Get ready to belt your heart out—an obese opera singer is on the show! (Gee, who’s ever heard of an overweight opera singer?)
- From the top to the bottom. A former Olympic Gold Medalist is ready to wrestle his way out of his 474 lb. issues.
- A couple of overloaded guns. Sob stories abound as identical 54-year-old twin police officers try to leave the donut shop lifestyle. (Although they may use the same Just for Men hair shade, they don’t weigh the same.)
- Another “Biggest Loser” record breaker. Weighing over 500 lbs at only 5’8”, one of the Blue team members is crowned the biggest contestant in “BL” history.
- Won’t you take me to, Tongan Town? NBC loves it some Tongan peeps. This is the third Tongan duo to be on the show…at this rate, the network might cure the obesity epidemic within the culture!
So who’s watching Season 11 of “The Biggest Loser” with us?