NEW YORK – A teenage actress has dropped her claim that Nickelodeon underpaid her for serving as the voice of the cartoon heroine of ‘Dora The Explorer.’
Federal court records show Caitlin Sanchez agreed to dismiss her lawsuit against the network and its corporate parents last month.
Nickeolodeon said Friday that Caitlin would complete some future episodes on which she worked. The network declined to say how many.
Her lawyer didn’t immediately return a telephone call seeking comment.
The 14-year-old Caitlin had said she was owed millions of dollars for her work on the show.
‘Dora The Explorer’ is in its 10th year. It broke ground in U.S. children’s television by featuring a bilingual, Latina heroine.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.