Nancy O’Dell to Replace Mary Hart on ‘Entertainment Tonight’

by | November 8, 2010 at 9:03 PM | TV News

Nancy O'Dell, Mary Hart (Photo: Jason Merritt/Michael Caulfield/Getty Images)

Nancy O'Dell, Mary Hart (Photo: Jason Merritt/Michael Caulfield/Getty Images)

Nancy O’Dell is gaining full ‘Access’ to ‘Entertainment Tonight.’

O’Dell, who co-anchored ‘Access Hollywood‘ for 13 years, has been named as the replacement for departing ‘ET’ host Mary Hart, People reports.

“I remember watching ‘Entertainment Tonight’ when it first premiered and dreaming about working for the show someday,” O’Dell, 44, says. “I am honored to be the one chosen to fill a TV legend’s seat and I hope I can do her proud!”

Earlier this year, Hart, 60, revealed her plans to leave the show in 2011 after co-hosting ‘ET’ for almost 30 years.

“Leaving this job was not an easy decision, but knowing I will pass the baton to Nancy O’Dell makes that decision much easier,” Hart said in a statement. “Nancy is a talented and respected entertainment correspondent. We have spent many years working on opposite sides of the celebrity battlefield and I know the show will flourish with Nancy as co-anchor.”

O’Dell will join ‘ET’ in January as a special correspondent and then take over her spot next to co-host Mark Steines after Hart departs later in the year.

What do you think of Nancy O’Dell being named Mary Hart’s successor?