Attorneys: Producer Will Surrender to US Court

by | June 24, 2010 at 6:24 PM | TV News

Bruce Beresford-Redman (AP Photo/Nick Ut)

Bruce Beresford-Redman (AP Photo/Nick Ut)

LOS ANGELES – Attorneys for a reality television producer accused of killing his wife in Mexico says their client will surrender to U.S. authorities if necessary.

Attorneys Richard Hirsch and Vicki Podberesky released a statement Thursday that blasted Mexican investigators and again professed that their client, Bruce Beresford-Redman, is innocent.

The statement also said the former ‘Survivor‘ producer is prepared to defend himself against “any and all charges against him.”

A Mexican judge issued an arrest warrant for Beresford-Redman last month in connection with the death of his wife, Monica, at a Cancun resort in April.

A Mexican official told The Associated Press on Wednesday that the country had formally requested Beresford-Redman’s extradition.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed