ABC Temporarily Halts Production On ‘FlashForward’

by | November 24, 2009 at 10:01 AM | FlashForward, TV News

Joseph Fiennes in FlashForward (ABC)

Joseph Fiennes in FlashForward (ABC)


ABC has stopped production on another of its new shows, ‘FlashForward,’ although unlike ‘Cougar Town‘ — the show was recently shut down to allow Courtney Cox to attend personal matters — the move was built into the shooting schedule, reports Variety.

With ratings dropping in the last few weeks — it premiered with 12.4 million viewers but recently was seen by 8 million — ABC is hoping this six-day shooting break will help boost the ‘FlashForward’s’ quality.

A network spokesperson said writers needed extra time. “They started production early so that they could have the luxury to do this,” they said.

“They want to maintain the high quality of the show, and this gives the writers the opportunity to do so.”

‘FlashForward’ recently experienced a change in command as showrunner Marc Guggenheim left the series and was replaced by co-creator David Goyer, as noted last month by THR.