So you’re pretty up on your celebrity news and gossip.
You know Katherine Heigl and her husband Josh Kelly adopted a 10-month old girl last month from South Korea. (“The girl is the bomb!” Kelly told People magazine.) You’re blasé when someone asks if you knew Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick had twins via a surrogate and can describe the day in August when she took them for their first walk around New York City.
And you already know everything there is about the Kardashians – Kim’s seeing ex beau Reggie Bush again, Kourtney revealed she’s having a boy, and Khloe has admitted her marriage to L.A. Laker star Lamar Odom after dating only four weeks was quick but hey, she knew he was Mr. Right after four days.
But maybe there are some things about your favorite TV stars that you don’t know. Here are 10 facts that may surprise you.
1. ‘The Office’ producer and actor B.J. Novak is the son of writer William Novak, who ghost wrote bestselling memoirs with Nancy Regan, Lee Iacocca and ‘The Mayflower Madam: The Secret Life of Sydney Biddle Barrows.’ He also attended high school in Newton, MA with his office co-star John Krasinski.
4. David Duchovny, star of “Californication,” graduated from Princeton University and then received his masters in English literature from Yale. He also began working on his Ph.D., but thus far has not completed it.
5. Valerie Bertinelli reveals in her new book, FInding It, that she never gave her 16 year old son Wolfie a formal sex talk and said she left that task up to her ex husband, Eddie Van Halen. “God only knew what kind of information Wolfie might get from his dad,” she writes. “Getting your sex talk from Eddie Van Halen wasn’tin any of the parenting books I’d read.”
6. “Burn Notice’ hottie Gabrielle Anwar once held the record of the “World’s Fastest Talker.” She was among a group of students who recited Hamlet’s soliloquy at a radio station. “Mine was the fastest recording that they had that morning,” she explained. “It was because I had such a tremendous amount of nervous energy, I just babbled as quickly as I could.”
8. Beautiful Sophia Vergara, one of the stars of ABC’s new hit ‘Modern Family’ has also faced hard times. In 1998, her brother was shot dead by kidnappers in Columbia, and four years later she was diagnosed and successfully treated for thyroid cancer – and still has a small scar on her neck.
10. Actress Tracy Pollan, still best known for her onscreen role on ‘Family Ties’ and her off-screen role as Michael J. Fox’s wife, is the sister of bestselling author and activist, Michael Pollan, whose books include The Omnivore’s Dilemma and The Botany of Desire.