Jon Gosselin Says He’s Not The Bad Guy

by | October 6, 2009 at 4:00 PM | TV News

Jon Gosselin says he’s not the one to blame for the recent financial mishaps that have plagued his family.

“I pay $7,500 per month for the kids, utilities, two mortgages and everything else that needs to be paid,” he said to Entertainment Tonight. “I’m not the bad guy here,” he added.

He also divulged to the news show that he was actually protecting his children when he forbade TLC from filming scenes for ‘Kate Plus 8.’ “I need to pull them off television so we could work this out.”

And does the father of eight want to mend things with his ex-wife? “If you fix the relationship, everything else will come,” he says. “You won’t have to worry about everything else.”

In a later segment, Jon fought Kate’s claim that he took $200,000 from their joint account. “I have the proof right here that I only took $22,000, which is my paycheck,” Jon revealed, and added that Kate has 11 other bank accounts and made $1 million from her book, Multiple Blessings.

Last week, Kate Gosselin claimed that Jon took the money from their joint bank account, leaving her with $1,000.

Jon’s interview will air on tonight’s ‘Entertainment Tonight.’