It’s War: Jon Gosselin “Cleans Out” Joint Checking Acct.

by | October 4, 2009 at 6:24 PM | Jon & Kate Plus 8, TV News

(Angela Weiss, Getty Images

(Angela Weiss, Getty Images

They say that breaking up is hard to do. In the world of Gosselin vs Gosselin, it just got harder.

Both Radaronline.com and People are confirming that Jon Gosselin withdrew hundreds of thousands of dollars from his and Kate’s joint checking account, effectively “cleaning it out.”

He left his estranged wife, Kate Gosselin, a paltry $1,000, said reports.

Now it’s going to get nasty.

According to Radar, Jon withdrew the money over the last week in violation of a court order. People is reporting that Kate is set to take legal action.

.

This latest salvo in the split comes less than a week after TLC announced that their hit reality show would be renamed “Kate Plus 8″ and revamped with only scant appearances from Jon.

Watch video: show to be renamed

Jon then sent cease and desist letters to the network, telling them to layoff the children for their own good. He went on ‘Larry King Live’ and explained he thought the show was harming his childrens’ lives – and his own, even though he admitted earning $1 million from the show last year.

“I had an epiphany one day,” he told Larry King. “I looked in the mirror and I said, ‘I don’t want to be this person anymore.”

Watch video: Jon tries to delay divorce

TLC has suspended shooting temporarily while Jon and Kate tried to work things out.

At this point, it doesn’t look good for either the kids or the show. One Hollywood wag quipped, “It’s time to retitle the show ‘Jon & Kate: Bye-Bye.’”