The Golden Globes were announced this morning, waaaaay too early in the morning (I tried to wake up. I swear). Before most other blogs start bitching and wining about who was left out, why their favorite shows were snubbed, why there is a secret The Riches conspiracy, I’ll throw in my two cents, so quickly and incoherently that it’ll hit you in the face like a bag of pennies. Click on each title to watch the shows on Fancast.
1) Who watches Big Love? Not me, or anybody I know. Should we be watching this?
2) Why was the name The Riches even uttered? It’s to distract the public from the war, isn’t it? Isn’t it!?!!
3) Where are the rest of The Sopranos nominations? Doesn’t the committee know the dangers of pissing off the most dangerous fanbase in the history of television: the mob? And by MOB I mean the Moms of Brentwood. Yes. Soccermoms are brutal here in SoCal.
4) Best Television Series nom going to Pushing Daisies, huh? I liked the show better back when it was a movie called Amelie.
5) Best Performance by an Actress? Love all the nominees! Want them all to win!
6) Best Performance by an Actor? Stop giving incentives to Alec Baldwin to continue breathing. I would rather random Ricky Gervais win than Baldwin’s giant ego to overtake the entire stage. Oh! Steve Carrell, how we love thee!
7) Heroes, what?
8) Only one nom for Ugly Betty?
15. BEST TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA
1. BIG LOVE (HBO)
Anima Sola and Playtone Productions in association with HBO Entertainment
2. DAMAGES (FX NETWORKS)
FX Productions and Sony Pictures Television
3. GREY’S ANATOMY (ABC)
4. HOUSE (FOX)
Heel and Toe Films, Shore Z Productions and Bad Hat Harry Productions in association with Universal Media Studios
5. MAD MEN (AMC)
6. THE TUDORS (SHOWTIME)
Showtime/Peace Arch Entertainment/Working Title/Reveille Productions Limited/An Ireland-Canada Co-Production
16. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA
1. PATRICIA ARQUETTE – MEDIUM
2. GLENN CLOSE – DAMAGES
3. MINNIE DRIVER – THE RICHES
4. EDIE FALCO – THE SOPRANOS
5. SALLY FIELD – BROTHERS & SISTERS
6. HOLLY HUNTER – SAVING GRACE
7. KYRA SEDGWICK – THE CLOSER
17. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA
18. BEST TELEVISION SERIES – COMEDY OR MUSICAL
1. 30 ROCK (NBC)
Universal Media Studios in association with Broadway Video and Little Stranger – Inc.
2. CALIFORNICATION (SHOWTIME)
Showtime Presents in association with Aggressive Mediocrity, and Then…, Twilight Time Films
3. ENTOURAGE (HBO)
Leverage and Closest to the Hole Productions in association with HBO Entertainment
4. EXTRAS (HBO)
BBC and HBO Entertainment
5. PUSHING DAISIES (ABC)
Living Dead Guy Productions, The Jinks/Cohen Company in association with Warner Bros. Television
19.BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES –COMEDY OR MUSICAL
20. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES – COMEDY OR MUSICAL
1. ALEC BALDWIN – 30 ROCK
2. STEVE CARELL – THE OFFICE
3. DAVID DUCHOVNY – CALIFORNICATION
4. RICKY GERVAIS – EXTRAS
5. LEE PACE – PUSHING DAISIES
24. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES, MINI-SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
1. ROSE BYRNE – DAMAGES
2. RACHEL GRIFFITHS – BROTHERS & SISTERS
3. KATHERINE HEIGL – GREY’S ANATOMY
4. SAMANTHA MORTON – LONGFORD
5. ANNA PAQUIN – BURY MY HEART AT WOUNDED – KNEE
6. JAIME PRESSLY – MY NAME IS EARL
25. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES, MINI-SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION