Earlier today, the turf team at Auburn University tweeted this picture of a pile of human remains in cremation form, which was found on the field of Jordan-Hare Stadium after the instant classic Iron Bowl rivalry game between Auburn and Alabama on Saturday.
The only logical explanations for this are one of the two following scenarios:
1) A lifelong Auburn fan’s post-life wish was to be a part of the University forever, and had a loved one make that wish a reality.
2) The dying wish of a lifelong and superstitious Alabama fan was doing their part in putting some form of a curse on their rivals’ home stadium.
Taking into account the intense history and number of odd stories already behind this rivalry, neither scenarios surprise me. If it’s anything other than those though, I’m fairly certain I want to know nothing about it. This would be full confirmation of the idea that SEC fans live and die by their football… literally.
- Seahawks Clinch NFC Playoff Berth Behind Russell Wilson And This Wacky Touchdown
- Courtside Video Of Shabazz Napier Nailing a Buzzer-beater To Take Down Florida
- Ed Orgeron Reportedly “Outraged” That He Didn’t Land USC Job
The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect the views of Comcast.