It’s the second round of the playoffs and Tim Tebow is still winning. He’s just not doing it all alone, at least that’s what America believes.
But America must not be watching his defense, coaching, running game or blocking. They’re convinced there’s a greater power assisting the devoutly Christian quarterback.
According to a survey done by Poll Position, 43 percent of the general public think some of Tebow’s success can be attributed to divine intervention. In other words, God is helping Tebow win games.
The Broncos upset Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers on Sunday afternoon in a wild-card playoff game. Tebow had his best game as a professional in the victory. He threw for a career-best 316 yards and two touchdowns, with what some believe was a boost from above.
Poll Position asked 1,076 phone participants these two questions:
1. Are you aware of the success of Denver Broncos rookie quarterback Tim Tebow?
2. (Among those aware of Tebow’s success) Do you believe that any of Tim Tebow’s success can be attributed to Divine Intervention?
Only 70 percent (756 respondents) were aware of Tebow’s success. The other 30 percent must never watch ESPN. Fifteen percent had never heard of Tebow, and 16 percent didn’t have an opinion on the subject.
Of the 756 respondents who knew of Tebow’s recent on-field conquests, 43 percent attributed some of the touchdown passes and runs to divine intervention.
Something tells me that number would have been significantly smaller if the subject was Big Ben.