We may be girls who love fashion, but some of us love football too, which is why we were dismayed by the NFL’s new rule that limits the size and type of bags brought into stadiums.
RELATED: What’s Your Purse-onality?
In an effort to expedite fan entry into games, the organization now only allows clear plastic bags no larger than 12” x 6” x 12” or small clutch bags approximately the size of a hand. Whose hand, exactly, we’re not sure, but let’s just say we’re not jazzed about the idea of displaying the volume of our cosmetics stash or—eep!—emergency tampons for the whole stadium to see. So being a resourceful bunch, we sought out clutch choices that should make it past stadium security checks. And if they don’t? At least we’ll have scored a touchdown in the bag department.
Pictured, from top to bottom:
- Calf hair, Max Mara, $250; 212-879-6100
- Embossed leather, Comme des Garcons, $138; 212-604-9200
- Canvas, Ann Taylor, $38; anntaylor.com
- Studded leather, Micahel Michael Kors, $108; at select Michael Kors Lifestyle stores
- PVC and leather, Jonathan Adler, $78; jonathanadler.com
- Metallic leather, Reece Hudson, $325; reecehudson.com
- Leather and silk, Celine, $410; 714-366-0388
- Leather, Fossil, $65; fossil.com
- Canvas and calfskin, Pierre Hardy, $210; 646-449-0070
- Canvas with leather trim, Rebecca Minkoff, $85; rebeccaminkoff.com
RELATED: Fall’s Favorite Stripes
The opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Comcast.