By Renee Sylvestre-Williams, Forbes.com Contributor
Valentine’s Day is coming which means the next two weeks are going to filled with hearts, flowers, candy and books telling you that you will find your true love.
How about something a little different?
A fun survey from Match.com found that 75 percent of Canadian singles believe that e-mail and texting (it didn’t say what kind of texting) have improved their dating life.
Kimberly Moffit, psychotherapist and counselor as well as Match.com’s Relationship Insider, also found that your smartphone can reveal a lot about your dating personality.
What do you think?
iPhone Users: The Office Romantic
- Dating Style Decoded: iPhone addicts are the most likely to date someone in their workplace. Nearly a quarter of iPhone singles have had an office romance in the last five years.
- Available Evenings and Weekends. After a first date, iPhone users are most likely to wait one day to reach out, while Android or Blackberry users will wait until after two to three dates.
Android Users: The Seducer
- Dating Style Decoded: Android users are most likely to have sex on a first date. 62 per cent of Android singles say they’ve done the deed after date number one, compared to 57 per cent of iPhone users and 48 per cent of Blackberry users.
- Sexual Battery Life. Out of all smart phone users, Android fans are most likely to have a one-night stand (55 per cent).
- Clicking for Love. 72 per cent of Android fans have visited an online dating site, compared to 58 per cent of iPhone users and 50 per cent of Blackberry users.
Blackberry Users: The Drunk Dialer
- Dating Style Decoded: If you’re dating a Blackberry fan, prepare to imbibe. Blackberry users are most likely to drink alcohol on a first date – 72 per cent will have a boozy beverage on a first night out.
- Love at First Byte. A whopping 67 per cent of BlackBerry users say they have experienced love at first sight.
“The type of phone a person uses can be a window into their personality,” says Moffit in a release. “More so than zodiac signs or astrology, smart phones are the new way Canadian singles can decode their dating style and determine if they’ve met their match.”
The opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Comcast.