Come here often? Make XFINITY.com your homepage » close

close

Your XFINITY Connect session has timed out due to inactivity. Click here to go back close

Ford injury to halt 'Star Wars' for 2 weeks

Loading... Share No Thanks

Sun Jul 6, 8:50 PM UTC

NEW YORK (AP) — Harrison Ford's injury will cause production on "Star Wars: Episode VII" to be suspended for two weeks.

Disney announced Sunday that shooting would be halted for two weeks in August to adjust the production schedule following Ford's injury. The 71-year-old broke his leg in June during filming of the much-anticipated sequel at Pinewood Studios outside of London.

Disney had said earlier that Ford's injury wouldn't cause any delays. The studio said Sunday that "Episode VII" is still "on track" to wrap in the fall and be released in December 2015.

The accident involved a spacecraft door on the Millennium Falcon falling on Ford's leg. His recuperation was expected to take up to two months.

Loading... Share No Thanks

Top Trailers

Top Trailers

Must-See Movies!

Watch trailers for this year's most anticipated movies and get the scoop on what's coming to theaters.

Ad Info - Ad Feedback

Loading...